- Tina’s Trees gives each tree a fresh cut to open up the pores before it is delivered or put on your car.
- Place plastic sheeting (plastic garbage bag will do) on floor where tree will be placed in case there is a leak or spill when filling up the bowl.
- As soon as you get your tree home, fill the bowl with warm water and check the stand for leaks. These stands are very reliable; however, there is an occasional leak. If there is a problem, please call us immediately.
- Check the water daily. If the water level drops below the cut end of the trunk seal, water will stop being absorbed by the tree. Watch the water level so it does not become empty.
- Use Christmas tree preservative to help keep the tree fresh and green.
- Mini-lights produce minimum heat. Always check light sets for frayed or cracked wire insulation and broken sockets before placing them on a tree. Christmas tree lights should be turned off when you leave your home. Avoid using candles.
- Keep tree away from heat sources such as heating vents, fireplace, or sunny windows.
- Remove tree promptly. The city has a recycling program with designated drop off spots or the city trash will pick up in front of your home. Check the city website for details. If you would like to have your tree picked up, we recommend CALIFORNIA CHRISTMAS TREE RECYCLING www.recycletrees.com 818-986-1300.Never burn any part of a Christmas tree in a fireplace.
Enjoy your Christmas tree!
It was especially planted for your enjoyment. It provided oxygen while it was
growing and will serve as a soil conditioner if you have it RECYCLED after Christmas.